I know it’s been forever and a day since I last posted, and A LOT has happened in the meantime. If you’ve been following me on Insta and Snap (Habon.a) then you’ll know that I had a beautiful and healthy baby boy! Now that baby boy is nearing his two month mark and is on a schedule, I have the time to focus on blogging again, and what better way to come back then celebrating National Lipstick Day! I know what you’re thinking, “Is there a national day for just about anything?” and the answer is YES! Everyday should be a celebration and national day allows us to focus on one thing, and today it’s one of my fav beauty items, lipstick. MAC has decided to kick start this holiday by allowing their customers to get one free lipstick, with no strings attached! All you have to do is walk up to a MAC counter (whether at a MAC store, MAC beauty counters at department stores or even ULTA) and pick up a free lipstick while supplies last. And no it won’t be a small sample size one either, it’ll be the full lipstick which retails for $17 plus tax. Since I have a feeling this will be a hot commodity, make sure to get their early! Only downside is that this will only happen at their US stores (sorry rest of the world). Hopefully if it gains enough buzz maybe MAC will consider making it an international day next year (fingers crossed). Now the only thing you have to really worry about, is picking the right shade. Here are my Top Five fav lipsticks from MAC.
- Whirl- I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick for a long time now, so you can imagine my excitement when I finally found this shade. It looks amazing especially when paired with the Chestnut lip liner also from MAC.
- Rebel- This was my go to lipstick for years now, and rightfully so since its the perfect blend of pink/purple without giving off a Nicki Minaj type of look. I also love the fact that it goes on creamy (I’m over the whole matte lip look, sorry).
- Sin- (photo credit: All Death by Diamonds) I have to admit that my 16 year old cousin put me on this (God, I’m old) and it’s the perfect autumn/winter color. It’s dark enough without looking vampy.
- Mehr- (Photo Credit: Indian Vanity Case) I actually just got this shade recently and it’s the perfect pink nude color, and it looks great when I have my face beat to perfection. It gives off just enough color without it being too much (win/win).
- Ruby Woo- (Photo Credit: Wedding Style Story) I know, I said I’m over the whole matte lip look and I am but I think will all be in agreement here when I say you cannot go wrong with this shade. It’s like MAC found the perfect shade of red that’s universally flattering and decided to bottle it up!
Whatever lip color you choose, I hope you love it, and since I’m north of the boarder here in Canada, enjoy the free MAC lipstick for me! Let me know which shade you scored! -Habon xo